Hello! I'm Naomi; thanks for checking out my blog.
15 facts about me
- I live in the UK
- My middle name is Sara
- My favourite flowers are peonies
- My favourite colours are turquoise and pink
- I love rainbows
- I love anything sparkly and glittery
- I'm a Quaker
- I love writing letters to my pen pals
- I enjoy arts and crafts
- I'd love to learn to braid my own hair
- I have more nail polishes than I dare count
- I'm learning British Sign Language (BSL)
- I love listening to audiobooks and I'm trying to get back into reading books and I've recently gotten into reading poetry too
- I'd love to learn how to make my own clothes
- I love Moomins - my favourite character is Little My
My medical diagnosis'
I'm trying to navigate life with my chronic illnesses/disabilities. My 'main' illnesses are:
- Severe M.E (Myalgic Encephalopathy) - this is a neuro-immune disorder though it affects every part of my body. 1 in 4 people with M.E are severely affected. M.E leaves me housebound with most of my time spent in bed. Some of my symptoms include chronic fatigue and pain, a lowered immune system, cognitive dysfunction, post-exertion malaise (often just minor things to most people are big activities for me to do), hypersensitivity especially to light, sound and touch, dysautonomia (problems with the bodies automatic functions), orthostatic intolerance meaning I struggle to be sat upright and many other symptoms.
- hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome - a hereditary connective tissue disorder that affects my joints and various organs.
- Functional Neurological Disorder - this is a problem with the brain's autonomic messaging system which results in me expereincing many different difficulties. I have different types of non-epileptic seizures, poor mobility, certain organs not working as they should, dysautonomia, chronic pain, muscle weakness, problems with my nerves and central nervous system and more - (often symptoms overlap between my different diagnosed conditions).
- I also have other secondary illnesses and complications such as Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and certain organs not working as they should.